Struggling over where to have your senior portrait session?
Honestly the options here in New Jersey and nearly are end less. We have beaches, beach towns, botanical gardens, rustic parks and a nearby city!
Choosing a photo shoot location might seem like a big deal but it really doesn’t have to be difficult. A location usually drives some of the other decisions you will need to make about your shoot so it’s important to choose the right place.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself before you decide on a location:
- What kind of theme do I want? If a particular building or natural backdrop would work well with your theme, look around your area for spots that meet your requirements. If you don’t know what kind of backdrop you want, take an afternoon drive around your town for inspiration. It’s easy to overlook beautiful spots that are practically in your backyard. Ask family, friends or your photographer for ideas too.
- Are you allowed to take pictures there? Make sure that you can legally take pictures at the location that you have in mind. If it’s not public property or available to the public you will need to get permission first.
- Is it accessible? Consider that not all outdoor locations may be available all year round or you might not be able to get to them at all. Your safety is also an important aspect to think about before you decide on a location. Taking pictures in an abandoned building may look neat but it’s best not to put yourself in harm’s way.
- How do you get to your location? Will it be easy to walk to the session location and if not, are you able to change your clothing and touch up your hair and makeup before the shoot? You should also find out whether there is a restroom that’s close enough in case you need it.
- Will the photo session be in a public place? If the location you have chosen has a lot of foot traffic, you need to ask yourself whether you are comfortable being photographed in front of others. If not, you might want to rethink your choice in location
- Did you grow up going to the beach and love the water? Beaches are a beautiful option.
The location you choose should reflect your personality and capture your authentic self.
If you would like to book a zoom call with me to discuss and brainstorm all the options, let me know! I would love to chat and show you locations that I go to regularly and or maybe discuss locations that mean something to you! I am always up for creating in new locations! At the zoom call we can discuss what type of clothing you should focus on to get just the look you have been dreaming of!
To book a zoom call, leave me a message here